World Champs timed training results
- The World Champs are a weird affair and as the doom-mongers in Canada continue to scour the skies for the apparently iminent rain the riders got on with the first ‘timed training’ session.
The ‘timed training’ concept is a bit of a strange one – it’s basically quali, but not!
It’s a one hour open window to go flat-out and attempt to gauge how quick you are against the opposition. The problem is what if you don’t want the opposition to see how quick you’re going?! Who’s sand-bagging and who’s got it wide open – nobody knows!
Anyway, mind games aside, here are the top ten riders from yesterdays first session;
1. Greg Minnaar (Santa Cruz Sundicate)
2. Gee Atherton (Animal Commencal)
3. Aaron Gwin (Yeti/Fox Racing Shox)
4. Mitch Delfs (Pivot)
5. Sam Blenkinsop (Lapierre)
6. Danny Hart (Giant)
7. Julien Camellini (Chain Reaction Cycles)
8. Steve Peat (Santa Cruz Syndicate)
9. Chris Kovarik (Chain Reaction Cycles)
10. Andrew Neethling (Trek World Racing)
So what do you reckon? Obviously neither Gee or Greg will want to back off after last weekend’s crunch World Cup decider, Peaty seems to be charging on a beautifully old-school course and look at Danny Hart – right up there! Mitch Delfs is another rider scaling the heights whilst Aaron Gwin is still very much in the hunt for that elusive first victory…
By Sunday night we’ll know who owns the stripes! Stay tuned for more updates.
This entry was posted on Friday, September 3rd, 2010 at 11:09 am and is filed under Blog, Mountain Biking Uk. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.